Celebrate Israel Parade 2012 Begins at Noon
2010’s parade via ChristiNYCa on Flickr
Sunday, June 3rd, the newly-renamed Celebrate Israel parade marches up Fifth Avenue.
The world’s largest gathering in celebration of Israel is set to march up 57th Street to 74th Street this Sunday and will feature 29 parade floats and 18 marching bands. Previously called the ‘Salute to Israel’, the parade debuts as ‘Celebrate Israel’ this year.
Thousands are expected to attend, with as many as 30,000 marching and even more gathered along the parade route to show their support and watch the performances.
After the parade, stop by Central Park for the 19th Annual Israel Day Concert, which will run from 2:30pm to 7:30pm in Rumsey Playfield, which is on the east side of Central Park, near the 69th Street entrance.
- Large Fight Breaks Out at Nassau Coliseum During "Haunted Coliseum" Event
- Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting Timelapse Video - The Final Chapter
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Flies Over NYC Atop Its Carrier 747 [Photos and Video]
- NYPD Notifies Pace University to Expect Lower Manhattan Checkpoints on Occupy Wall Street's Anniversary
- The View From The 80th Floor of The World Trade Center
- Arrests at Occupy Wall Street's "Occupy Oakland Solidarity March" [video]