Celebrate Israel Parade 2012 Begins at Noon
2010’s parade via ChristiNYCa on Flickr
Sunday, June 3rd, the newly-renamed Celebrate Israel parade marches up Fifth Avenue.
The world’s largest gathering in celebration of Israel is set to march up 57th Street to 74th Street this Sunday and will feature 29 parade floats and 18 marching bands. Previously called the ‘Salute to Israel’, the parade debuts as ‘Celebrate Israel’ this year.
Thousands are expected to attend, with as many as 30,000 marching and even more gathered along the parade route to show their support and watch the performances.
After the parade, stop by Central Park for the 19th Annual Israel Day Concert, which will run from 2:30pm to 7:30pm in Rumsey Playfield, which is on the east side of Central Park, near the 69th Street entrance.
- Timelapse of the New York Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show [video]
- The Norwegian Jewel sailing down the Hudson
- Jay-Z's Eighth Barclays Center Concert Finishes Up with an Assist from Beyonce
- Remembering 9/11 - A National Geographic Channel Special
- A Big Fluffy City - Get a Pillow Version of NYC Buildings
- NYPD and FDNY Remove a Generator From a Zuccotti Park Vendor Supplying Occupy Wall Street Protesters With Electricity [video]