June 22nd to July 1st - Photoville Brings Photography Exhibitions and Seminars to the Brooklyn Waterfront
The Brooklyn waterfront is no stranger to stacks of shipping containers, but for the next week, one group of metal containers in Brooklyn Bridge Park will be the site of a photography festival!
Photoville is eleven days of photography exhibitions, workshops, and panel discussions, all taking place along the East River in Brooklyn. Spread across 60,000 square feet of open space near the Brooklyn Bridge will be exhibitions housed in shipping containers, large art installations in Brooklyn Bridge Park, and a dog run and beer garden with food trucks, which will keep both human and canine entertained!
The shipping containers will be mini galleries, where photographers will set up individual shows. Photoville has a full list of photographers that will be exhibiting their art.
The schedule of photography workshops is also available on their website. Some featured events are: How to take great portrait photos, instruction on how to use Lomo and Leica cameras, and advice on how to improve your photography portfolio. Workshops and panel discussions have different registration/RSVP requirements, so be sure to plan which ones you want to attend ahead of time.
- 85th Annual Feast of San Gennaro Festival
- World Trade Center Construction Progress
- Hurricane Irene - Live Webcams
- A Tribute to Steve Jobs by Street Artist "The Me Nobody Knows" Outside the SoHo Apple Store
- The View From Above: Looking Down on Lower Manhattan Almost 100 Years Ago
- What New Yorkers Complain About - An Infographic of 311 Data