Man disrupts Occupy Wall Street and is removed from Zuccotti Park by NYPD [video]
Man disrupts Occupy Wall Street and is removed from Zuccotti Park by NYPD
Late Tuesday night, a man was yelling and causing such a disturbance in Zuccotti Park that he had to be removed by the NYPD. The man claimed to be a fashion designer who lived in the area and was upset that the protesters could voice their opinions while he felt he could not do the same.
During the General Assembly, where Occupy Wall Street meets to discuss issues on their agenda and communicates via the “people’s mic,” the man was yelling loudly and confronting other protesters to the point where the meeting had to be stopped. Members of Occupy Wall Street’s own security team had attempted to diffuse the situation, but it is unclear whether they sought help from the NYPD or if police moved in on their own.
The man was detained by police and picked up by an ambulance to be given a psychological evaluation.
- Memorial Messages from Cafe 31 Bar & Grill
- NASA Image: New York City From Space on September 11th, 2001
- Happy Farmers Market Week! Find Your Local Farmers Market
- 85th Annual Feast of San Gennaro Festival
- NYPD and FDNY Remove a Generator From a Zuccotti Park Vendor Supplying Occupy Wall Street Protesters With Electricity [video]
- The Logitraxx Robot Runs Without Software or a Processor!