Man disrupts Occupy Wall Street and is removed from Zuccotti Park by NYPD [video]
Man disrupts Occupy Wall Street and is removed from Zuccotti Park by NYPD
Late Tuesday night, a man was yelling and causing such a disturbance in Zuccotti Park that he had to be removed by the NYPD. The man claimed to be a fashion designer who lived in the area and was upset that the protesters could voice their opinions while he felt he could not do the same.
During the General Assembly, where Occupy Wall Street meets to discuss issues on their agenda and communicates via the “people’s mic,” the man was yelling loudly and confronting other protesters to the point where the meeting had to be stopped. Members of Occupy Wall Street’s own security team had attempted to diffuse the situation, but it is unclear whether they sought help from the NYPD or if police moved in on their own.
The man was detained by police and picked up by an ambulance to be given a psychological evaluation.
- [Graphic Video] Man is Electrocuted on the Subway's Third Rail
- Review: "Going Deep with David Rees" on the National Geographic Channel
- Tribeca Film Festival Preview - Revenge of the Electric Car
- Blast From The Past: Checker Cab Spotted in the West Village
- Triple Crown Hopeful 'I'll Have Another' is Scratched From This Weekend's Belmont Stakes
- Photos of the Newest Section of the High Line