Man disrupts Occupy Wall Street and is removed from Zuccotti Park by NYPD [video]
Man disrupts Occupy Wall Street and is removed from Zuccotti Park by NYPD
Late Tuesday night, a man was yelling and causing such a disturbance in Zuccotti Park that he had to be removed by the NYPD. The man claimed to be a fashion designer who lived in the area and was upset that the protesters could voice their opinions while he felt he could not do the same.
During the General Assembly, where Occupy Wall Street meets to discuss issues on their agenda and communicates via the “people’s mic,” the man was yelling loudly and confronting other protesters to the point where the meeting had to be stopped. Members of Occupy Wall Street’s own security team had attempted to diffuse the situation, but it is unclear whether they sought help from the NYPD or if police moved in on their own.
The man was detained by police and picked up by an ambulance to be given a psychological evaluation.
- Take a Tour of Zuccotti Park as Winter Hits Occupy Wall Street
- Vintage Film of New York City Made New Again by The Cinematic Orchestra
- Philly Street Artist 'Notes4Strangers' Leaves Post-Its Around the West Village
- Rearranging the Deck Chairs at RadioShack
- Busy Little Brooklyn! A Tilt-Shift Video Tour of Some Famous Brooklyn Locations
- UFO Believers Landing in Midtown