"The big mistake people make," Perez said in a recent telephone interview, is comparing that rate to figures in the United States. "You have to understand the system down here," he added. "Amed is the exception." He said he wished there were more Dominican teenagers like Rosario because "education is a very wise investment."
- Amber Alert issued for 12-year-old New York girl seen with 2 teens
- Amtrak To Hire Outside Help For Summer Track Repairs At Penn Station
- Suspicious fire destroys home before sex offender can move in
- 8-Year-Old Girl, 18-Year-Old College Student Among Manchester Attack Victims
- AMBER Alert: Upstate NY Girl Abducted By Two Teens Is 'In Imminent Danger'
- Cuomo on LIRR: 'It will be a summer of hell'
- Police ID Man Suspected Of Carrying Out Deadly Attack At Ariana Grande Concert In Manchester
- Man claiming girlfriend accidentally choked to death during oral sex found not guilty of murder
- Motorcyclist killed after collision on Van Wyck