NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) - Con Edison has agreed to pay $153 million to settle charges over a 2014 gas explosion in East Harlem that killed eight people and injured about 50. As WCBS 880's Myles Miller reported, the settlement was approved on Thursday by the state's Public Service Commission.
- ICE touts arrest of New York City resident after local assistance rebuffed
- Jewish Community Centers Across New York Receive Bomb Threats
- Mayor Pushed DOB to Give Special Treatment to Fundraiser's Yeshiva: Report
- Grand Central Terminal offers free food all week for 'Taste of the Dining Concourse'
- Carriage horse collapses in Central Park, prompting animal rights group to call for investigation
- NY Tells Schools to Call Attorney if Federal Agents Show
- EXCLUSIVE: Bronx dirt bike drags cop quarter-mile down street
- Gifted and Talented Program Finally Coming to Bed-Stuy Middle School
- Drone Crashes Through Woman's Kips Bay Apartment, NYPD Says