COPIAGUE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) - A driver who hit and killed a pedestrian in Copiague on Thursday night had 30 license suspensions, police said. Richard Turner, 36, of Massapequa, was driving east on the Sunrise Highway near Bayview Avenue around 6:30 p.m. when he struck 38-year-old Fausto Rodriguez, authorities said.
- Midtown stab victim Timothy Caughman earned nickname 'Hard Rock'
- Person Accused of Leaking Police Records of Officer Involved in Eric Garner's Death No Longer On the Job
- Police Search For 2 Men They Say Forced Their Way Into Harlem Home, Pistol-Whipped Man Inside
- 1-year-old girl fatally struck by pickup truck in East Elmhurst
- Citing High Costs & Long Commutes, Suffolk County Residents Flock To Warmer Climates
- Police searching for 20-year-old woman with autism reported missing in the Bronx
- South Carolina brings plenty of New York connections to Garden
- NYC startup, Andela, helps train software developers from Africa and connects them to the global marketplace
- Long Island City condo named for a tugboat launches sales