A $60 million redevelopment plan is in the works to help one area of Long Island deal with a housing crunch while also putting people to work. It is part of the Village of Freeport's continued effort to revitalize the Sunrise Highway Corridor, and the latest step involves a building vacant since the 1980s that will eventually house 250 luxury apartment units for people 55 and over.
- Girl's plot to carryout mass shooting uncovered
- Take a Whiff: Rotten Sneakers Contest Comes to Times Square
- NYC's future tallest residential tower is getting its facade
- Hedge Fund Manager Sued For Bernie Madoff Scam Falls To Death From Midtown Hotel
- DA: Dog used as drug mule at JFK Airport
- I endured grueling Marine boot camp for a week. What was I thinking?
- Ants go marching
- Police: Woman fatally shot inside Bronx stairwell
- NYPD: Woman Found Shot To Death In Stairwell Of Bronx Building