Jim Duffy figures he was seconds from death. A six-alarm fire was swallowing his East 93rd Street building. Then, a firefighter appeared at his fifth floor window who introduced himself as Jim. The 81-year-old Yorkville resident actually laughed! Duffy casually recalled his escape from near-certain death.
- ICE touts arrest of New York City resident after local assistance rebuffed
- Jewish Community Centers Across New York Receive Bomb Threats
- Mayor Pushed DOB to Give Special Treatment to Fundraiser's Yeshiva: Report
- Grand Central Terminal offers free food all week for 'Taste of the Dining Concourse'
- Carriage horse collapses in Central Park, prompting animal rights group to call for investigation
- NY Tells Schools to Call Attorney if Federal Agents Show
- EXCLUSIVE: Bronx dirt bike drags cop quarter-mile down street
- Gifted and Talented Program Finally Coming to Bed-Stuy Middle School
- Drone Crashes Through Woman's Kips Bay Apartment, NYPD Says