Famous Ray's Pizza in the West Village - Closed
Famous Ray’s Pizza, which had been serving pies in the West Village since the ’70s, has closed. Another victim of rising rents in the area.
Strangely, on Tuesday night (above), the signs were also missing, with the “Famous” and “Ray’s” taken down from the store and cut out of the awnings. Souvenirs, perhaps?
- Memorial Messages from Cafe 31 Bar & Grill
- A Year In New York by Andrew Clancy [video]
- Occupy Concert in Foley Square Will Feature Tom Morello, Lee Ranaldo, My Brightest Diamond
- Watch Mayor Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Tom Menino in Their Upcoming Super Bowl Ad [video]
- NYPD Investigating Possible Human Remains or Body Found Near JFK Airport
- Progress at Washington Square Park's east-side renovation