Evening Update for Saturday, March 12, 2016
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. 🌤 Overnight low of 44°F at 7am and a high of 63°F at 2pm
The Week Ahead
Light rain on Monday through Saturday, with temperatures bottoming out at 51°F on Monday. 🌧
Today in History
March 12, 1903: The New York Highlanders join the American League. Having recently moved north to New York from Baltimore where they were known as the Orioles, the team would eventually adopt their nickname of the "Yankees" ten years later!
Stories you may have missed
- Woman admits to throwing away newborn baby in garbage bag
- NYPD: Bouncer Dead In Assault At Johnny’s Restaurant And Bar In Queens
- Missing BX nurse remains mystery for police, community
- The NYPD Is Getting Shiny New Slash-Resistant Gloves
- Officials: Missing CT boy found safe after NY Amber alert
NYC National Historic Landmark of the Day
Holland Tunnel - Opened November 13, 1927. Connects Manhattan and New Jersey with 93 feet of water above it; one of the earliest ventilated tunnels.