NYC Restaurant Closures
Department of Health inspections from November 23 to November 23 found 2 businesses with critical violations in cleanliness and sanitation. The businesses below were ordered closed, but may reopen once violations have been corrected.
Kfc in Queens
8719 JAMAICA AVENUE
- Food, food preparation area, food storage area, area used by employees or patrons, contaminated by sewage or liquid waste.
- Live roaches present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
- Toilet facility not provided for employees or for patrons when required.
- Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility's food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
Van Leewen Artisan Ice Cream in Manhattan
172 LUDLOW ST
- Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
- Food Protection Certificate not held by supervisor of food operations.