Restaurant Closures This Week
Department of Health inspections from April 22 to April 22 found 2 businesses with critical violations in cleanliness and sanitation. The businesses below were ordered closed, but may reopen once violations have been corrected.
Super Kennedy's Chicken & Sandwich in The Bronx
2370 UNIVERSITY AVE
- Hot food item not held at or above 140° F.
- Food worker does not wash hands thoroughly after using the toilet, coughing, sneezing, smoking, eating, preparing raw foods or otherwise contaminating hands.
- Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored.
- Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
- Cold food item held above 41° F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 °F) except during necessary preparation.
Paneorama Bakery in Queens
9520 JAMAICA AVE
- Sewage disposal system improper or unapproved.
- Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.