September 11th Exhibit at the New York Times Building
The New York Times sponsored a special 9/11 exhibit from September 8-12 in the lobby of their building in Hell’s Kitchen. It featured a variety of exhibits which compliment their online 9/11 exhibit.
- More than 150 photographs from The Times’s archive, including a new series of photographs by Pulitzer Prize–winning photographer Damon Winter, which captures the workers building One World Trade Center.
- An interactive database of Portraits of Grief, where visitors can view biographical sketches and photos of the victims of 9/11 and interactive features, which allow visitors to share their thoughts and memories of 9/11, and their hopes for the future.
- Video features, including a timeline of events since September 11, 2001; interviews with New Yorkers about what they learned from 9/11; and a look at the troops who enlisted in the days after 9/11.
- A virtual model of the future World Trade Center site and Memorial Pools.
- A display of artifacts from September 11, 2001, saved and submitted by readers.