September 11th Memorial Motorcycle Ride
To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the World Trade Center attacks, a memorial ride organized by America’s 9/11 Foundation will visit all three locations where planes crashed on 9/11. “America’s 9/11 Ride” starts in Shanksville, PA on August 18, 2011, moves through Maryland to the Pentagon on August 19, and continues on the final leg of the trip from the Pentagon to the FDNY Memorial Wall at the World Trade Center site.
Check the press release for more information, including events along the route from Pennsylvania to New York City, and the America’s 9/11 Foundation website to follow the ride and view traffic advisories.
Watch the ride arrive in NYC in 2010:
Saturday August 20
- Travel through Holland Tunnel into New York City – 7pm
- Proceed NORTH on West Street / West Side Highway / RT 9A N
- West Side Highway turns into 12th Street
- Turn Right onto 52th Street
- Follow Directions at 7th Avenue
- End at Sheraton New York Hotel
Sunday August 21
- Line up no earlier then 7:30am on 7th Avenue and 50th St. – Departure 8:45am
- Use two lanes on 7th Ave
- Escorted to the World Trade Center for the Ceremony and Wreath Laying 10am-11am