141 years ago on May 12th, 1883
The Brooklyn Grays hold their first baseball game
They played at Washington Park at 3rd Street and Fourth Avenue in Park Slope. After being known as the Grays, the Bridegrooms, and the Superbas, by 1895 the team would be nicknamed the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers and by 1913 the name would officially stick as the team was renamed the Brooklyn Dodgers. After a storied history in Brooklyn, the team's majority owner, Walter O'Malley, fought with the city to attain a new stadium site in Brooklyn, but instead moved the team to Los Angeles, with the final Brooklyn game played in 1957.