One of nine New York City Parks & Recreation playgrounds opened on July 15, 1934. Commissioner Robert Moses, seeking additional open spaces for children, obtained a legal ruling permitting use of the fund for playground development.
A very small triangle/plaza at E 188 St bet. Arthur Av and Hughes Av in the Bronx
Founded July 31, 1946 — 73 years ago
Help us document the history of Ciccarone Park by sharing your photos and memories! Leave a comment below or send us an email with stories about your favorite neighborhood park or secret features that most people may not know!
- Theodore Roosevelt High School (New York City)
- Fordham Leadership Academy for Business and Technology
- Fordham High School for the Arts
- Belmont Preparatory High School
- Bronx High School for Law and Community Service
- Belmont, Bronx
- West Bronx Academy for the Future
- 183rd Street station (IRT Third Avenue Line)