Flood Triangle, named by the Commissioner in 1996, had been Flood Square since 1940. Flood, most likely, was the surname of a local soldier who never returned from World War I. Third Avenue, Washington Avenue, and 188th Street form the boundaries of this park.
A very small triangle/plaza at E. 188 St. at 3 Ave. and Washington Ave. in the Bronx
Founded March 31, 1849 — 170 years ago
Help us document the history of Flood Triangle by sharing your photos and memories! Leave a comment below or send us an email with stories about your favorite neighborhood park or secret features that most people may not know!
- Theodore Roosevelt High School (New York City)
- Fordham Leadership Academy for Business and Technology
- Fordham High School for the Arts
- Belmont Preparatory High School
- Bronx High School for Law and Community Service
- West Bronx Academy for the Future
- Fordham Road–190th Street (IRT Third Avenue Line)
- Gabelli School of Business